Content creators and press are authorized and encouraged to create and share content about the game (articles, infographics, videos...)
All of the game musics/assets have permission to be used for video creation and streaming.
Firing Vibes is a fast paced multiplayer FPS for PC that will be available on Steam.
In a world where matter can transform into light and light can transform into matter. You control a creature called a "Vibe". Luckily, the creatures of this world seem to like playing a competitive game, a 2vs2 capture the Flag game called Capture the Ray. In this game mode, both teams spawn at the top of the level facing each other. They have to fight for one flag called the "Ray" which is located at the bottom of the level. Capture the Ray, then bring it back to the team's goal located just below the spawn to win the game.
Firing Vibes is one of the multiplayer FPS with the more verticality. There is in fact more vertical than horizontal space. To navigate this world the creatures you play, the Vibes, have natural climbing abilities which help them to climb just about everywhere. They can also dynamically modify the terrain by adding or removing cubes which have special attributes. They can even modify themselves by changing their size which will bring them advantages or drawbacks.
What makes Firing Vibes unique are its different gameplay elements synergizing with one another to create a game with a lot of depth. When you shoot a melody, each note deals a specific amount of damage. The damage pattern of one melody alone can bring a lot more variety than a firearm shooting at a constant rate with constant damage. When you put this mechanic together with cubes placed on the map that can have a varying amount of health, it increases the possibilities. With modular character components that also vary in health, possibilities increase again. Synergies also exist between the climbing ability and the cubes you spawn to help you move through the level. Or between your modular character's state and the way you can spawn cubes. All these intricacies aim to create a competitive game where you can start easily with the basics of shooting and climbing. Then improve gradually and learn to use all the tools this game offers to try to reach an almost infinite skill ceiling.
- 2 vs 2 Online Multiplayer. Only one game mode at the beginning of early access (Capture the Ray), maybe others afterwards.
- You Shoot with music, Your only weapons are music based lasers. You choose a melody at the beginning of a game and it will serve you as a weapon for the whole match.
- Building mechanics. You can collect and spawn cubes on the map, there are different types of cubes, each one behave differently. Except the basic cube, other types of cubes are not all available in one game. The types of cubes available are chosen randomly at the beginning of a game.
- Climb everywhere. The climbing is a key component of the game. Because the level design is vertically oriented there is a lot of climbing to do. The climbing was designed to move on walls as easily and freely as you can walk on the ground. Compared to other games where you often can climb either only horizontally or vertically on walls, here you can move in every angle.
- Modular Character. The character (the Vibe) you control is modulable. When you spawn, you are composed of two modules. One "core" module and one regular module. The Core module is always at the bottom of your character, if it is destroyed your character instantly dies. Regular modules behave differently. You can steal a regular module to an ennemy if you destroy his, but having a regular module destroyed doesn't lead in the death of your character. Your character's health will be attributed to the modules you posssess. In consequence changing your number of modules will change how your health is allocated.
- Be "reborn". When you first launch the game, your Vibe borns (the "Vibe" is the name of the one character you play). As with every birth, your Vibe will be given a name that will identify you. This name will be attributed based on the number of Vibes already borned and will be UNIQUE to you. Your Vibe will be the only one with this name in the entire game. Instead of creating hundreds of cosmetics so player can differentiate themselves . The name will be the bedrock of a system that will reward and make the player's Vibe feel unique.
- The climbing ability enables an heavy vertical level design and an original gamemode.
- Melodies damage patterns + cube and character with varying healths enable a wide range of strategies.
- You can go anywhere with climb + cube placement.
- The basic "combo" consist in protecting your core module by placing cubes on the ground when you face an ennemy
- It feels nice to farm cubes with music.
- When you steal a module to an ennemy, the "unique name" of your ennemy is shown on your HUD with the other infos of the added module.
BOING BOING GAMES is a small studio based in France. It's very small really because I'm only one dude working on this full time. I punctually work with freelancers for specific work like audio or concept art but other than that it's just me. The game is developed with the Unreal Engine 4.
Please contact me directly on Discord (Pseudo: "Eiff" - Eiff#4994) or Twitter @FiringVibes
Home - Copyright © 2020 - Firing Vibes